Discover our Birdwatching Tours
Colombia is home to over 1920 bird species, more than any other country in the world. The country is experiencing a historical transformation politically, making it one of the safest travel destinations in Latin America.
A visit to Tananeos Natural Reserve is a great introduction to the amazing variety of birds that can be found in Northern Colombia. Come and join us and experience one of Colombia´s least explored and most diverse destinations for Birdwatching Tours and nature trips.
On your visit, you may encounter birds such us Glaucous Tanager, Swallow Tanager, Golden-winged Sparrow, Military Macaw, Green-rumped Parrotlet, Lance-tailed Manakin, Scaled Piculet, Black-backed Antshrike, Rufous-breasted Wren, Pale-legged Hornero, Ruby-Topaz, Forest Elaenia. More than 140 bird species have been documented in the Reserve up to now. Expert ornithologists confirm that more than 200 species can be found in the Reserve, which means 10% of Colombian’s birds population , the country with the highest bird diversity in the world.
There is a lot to be discovered!
Practical information & Conditions:
- Our tours include a Local Birdwatching guide and a visitors insurance.
- The reservation of activities must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- For special rates for students contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children under 5 years old do not pay.
- Make sure you bring closed shoes (tennis, rubber boots), hat, repellent and sunscreen.
How to get to Tananeos Natural Reserve:
- The Reserve can be reached from Valledupar, which is very well connected by air to the main Colombian cities.
- Public transport from Valledupar to the Reserve is available between 6:00h and 18:00h.