Discover our Birdwatching Tours
Colombia is home to over 1920 bird species, more than any other country in the world. The country is experiencing a historical transformation politically, making it one of the safest travel destinations in Latin America.
A visit to Tananeos Natural Reserve is a great introduction to the amazing variety of birds that can be found in Northern Colombia. Come and join us and experience one of Colombia´s least explored and most diverse destinations for Birdwatching Tours and nature trips.
On your visit, you may encounter birds such as Glaucous Tanager, Swallow Tanager, Golden-winged Sparrow, Military Macaw, Green-rumped Parrotlet, Lance-tailed Manakin, Scaled Piculet, Black-backed Antshrike, Rufous-breasted Wren, Pale-legged Hornero, Ruby-Topaz, Forest Elaenia. More than 200 bird species have been documented in the Reserve up to now which means 10% of Colombian’s birds species, the country with the highest bird diversity in the world.
There is a lot to be discovered!
- Explore the trails of the Reserve accompanied by a local guide.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance
- You can reach the Reserve from Valledupar, a city very well connected by air with the main Colombian cities.
- Public transport from Valledupar to the Reserve is available between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Make sure to bring closed shoes (tennis, rubber boots), hat, repellent and sunscreen, water and a bag for your waste.
- Bio-security COVID-19 protocol: Mandatory use of face masks, hand washing and physical safety distancing.
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the start of the tour, excluding bank commissions (if applicable).
- After that period, your payment will not be refunded.
- Cancellation by the Reserve due to weather conditions that prevent the tour from taking place: The tour is postponed to other possible dates. If this is not possible, we will proceed to refund the payment, excluding bank commissions (if applicable).
(Accident insurance included)
|Adults and Children|
| Children |
Entrance to the Reserve is only allowed accompanied by a Reserve guide
Birdwatching guide per group (maximum 8 people): $ 150,000COP