than he seeks
one receives far more
In every walk with nature
-Leonardo da Vinci
of all nature
Water is the driving force
-Vincent van Gogh
you will find beauty everywhere
If you truly love nature,
for those who listen
The earth has music
because it has a song
because it has an answer,
A bird doesn't sing
Los Manantiales, Los Cedros, Palo Araña, La Caracola, Camino a la Cascada are some of the trails that run through our Reserve. We currently have over 8 kilometres of hiking trails, some of them easily accessible and relatively flat.
Come and enjoy a walk through the tropical dry forest and discover waterfalls, an incredible diversity of trees, birds, tropical flowers, and fauna. Feel the emotion of being surrounded by the harmonious and particular sound of nature.
Do not forget to bring your binoculars to observe some of our 200 bird species.
The walks have a duration of approximately two hours. During the walk, you will be accompanied by an experienced local guide. Please make your reservation at least 48 hours in advance.
- No. of people: Minimum 2, maximum 8.
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours.
- It is advisable to wear long pants, comfortable walking shoes, a hat and a raincoat (in the rainy season).
- Don’t forget to bring binoculars, a camera, water, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
How to get there:
- The Reserve can be reached from Valledupar, which is very well connected by air to the main Colombian cities.
- Public transport from Valledupar to the Reserve is available between 6:00h and 18:00h
- Guide per group (max 8 people): $ 60,000COP
- Adults and Children over 12 years old (National): $ 15,000COP
- Children under 12 years old (National): $ 5,000COP
- Students (Nationals): $ 10,000COP
- Adults and Children over 12 years old (Foreigners): $ 35,000COP
- Children under 12 years old (Foreigners): $ 10,000COP
- Students (Foreigners): $ 25,000COP
- You can only enter the reserve accompanied by one of our guides or our forest ranger
- Our tours include a Local Birdwatching guide and visitors insurance
- The reservation of activities must be made at least 48 hours in advance
- Special rates for students apply
- Children under 5 years old do not pay
- Before 48 hours of the start of the tour: Your payment will be refunded excluding bank commissions if they apply.
- Less than 48 hours from the start of the tour: Your payment will not be refunded.
- Cancellation by the Reservation due to weather conditions that prevent the completion of the tour: other possible dates are proposed for the tour. If this is not possible, we will refund the payment excluding bank commissions if they apply.